Monday, March 30, 2009

172 and running

What has happened since my last blog posting on weight?

Well, (1) I picked up my wedding dress. The women at the shop screamed when I said I was determined to lose weight. "Don't! It fits perfectly as it is!" Sorry to disappoint sisters, but this girl is on a mission. It reaches much further than the fit of a wedding dress. My weight management and challenges may have a wedding milestone (May 23) in sight- but they are far more life-long than that. This is about healthy lifestyles and reaching a level of fitness I haven't seen in years!

(2) I met with a nutritionist. She's part of my plan. I learned that my diet (defined as what I eat) is better than most and right in line with what they want you to be eating. Great! However, I need to be more of a grazer, eating smaller meals throughout the day and not eating the large portions we've all become accustomed to.

(3) I've signed up for the Pittsburgh Marathon- a relay (May 3). So, I've continued getting my body in the mood to run (which isn't easy). Remember, this body was built for comfort not speed. :) I run/walk in 3 or 1 minute intervals- depends upon my energy that day.

This week the scale went back and forth between 172 and 174- so no great news on numbers. However, as I lay in bed I still get this great feeling if one hand brushes over my arm or my leg as I stretch- yes, there are newer, bigger muscles there - and I love that. Strength is very sexy. And, I'm getting stronger every day.

Here's to your health!

No comments: