Monday, March 23, 2009

Send Someone A Reminder of the Past

As I prepare for my wedding, I'm also multitasking my clearing clutter from my house. Anyone who knows me would know this is typical. I like to stay busy with a few projects at the same time- for variety sake.

As I'm combing bookshelves, drawers, keepsake boxes and such, I'm finding photos and trinkets from years ago. They trigger a flood of enjoyable memories with friends.

I decided to use some of those tokens in the welcome bags of my wedding guests. Its a way to show them I cared enough about them and that event to save something- and now am passing it on to them to evoke wonderful memories too.

I encourage you to visit your keepsake boxes and send a few of the items to those who shared them. Its a great way to reconnect with a friend- no matter how close or far away they are.

We often close keepsake boxes for years at a time. Perhaps you should share the contents with your partner, children or a new friend. Keep it on your dining room table for a week- to explore with others and share wonderful moments of the past.

No comments: