Friday, March 20, 2009

Time for Your Passions- Find Speakers


Make Time for Your Passions- and Hearing Others Who Share Them.

Last night I had the pleasure of attending the Yale Club’s (of Pittsburgh) event featuring CEO and President Wayne Pacelle of the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS).

I have been an animal advocate all of my life. I’ve volunteered in shelters to walk dogs. I’ve written to my legislature for action protecting animals from abuse and neglect. I’ve adopted my best friends from shelters. I make regular donations (including gift donations). I try to find ways in my every day life to be a strong advocate for animal protection and human responsibility toward animals. I’ve even become a vegetarian, twice. :)

To hear someone who shares your passions and has made it their life’s work is stimulating and exhilarating. To be surrounded by others who, mostly, feel the same is also energizing. This event was one of the more heavily attended events, according to organizers.

I received this invite because I recently sat down with a staunch animal advocate at my local shelter. She was kind enough to extend this invitation, that was a private invite-only affair. I feel fortunate that this meeting led to such an exciting opportunity. It was great to hear Wayne. It was even greater to feel revived in my efforts to be the best I can be in the areas I am passionate.

I encourage you to seek out speakers and presentations of those you admire. The experience is likely to be moving.

To learn more about the HSUS visit: http://www.hsus.org/
I further encourage you to have a plan for your pets in your absence, temporary or permanent. You’ll be glad you did.

No comments: