Friday, January 9, 2009

It is Real Simple

It is Real Simple... the magazine. I love it. I have been reading it for years.

The January issue particularly speaks to my heart as a coach. They asked women what was on their NOT-TO-DO list for 2009. Here's a sampling...

  • I won't over commit.
  • I'm going to stop being a people pleaser.
  • I won't do office work at home on Sundays.
  • I will stop saving things for special occasions.
  • I will not make the same promises I have year after year. This year I'll be less judgmental, take the dog out more, and overlook my husband's inability to fold towels.

I love them! We are finally getting it! The best thing you can do for yourself, your family and your career is to STOP. Stop what you are doing. Do an analysis of what it is that you do everyday. And, then refine it to be more powerful, more productive, more meaningful, healthier, happier, etc..... (what ever it is that YOU need now) even if that means slowing down!

Enjoy your life. Don't let it slip away.

No comments: