Monday, November 3, 2008

Vote Because You Can!

I can't think of one person that should not be heading to the polls tomorrow, November 4th. Further, I cannot think of one person who should not be engaged in conversation about the election. It has been lively... and at times passionately negative. Some conflict is good for the soul. Its a great time to get your brain flowing with thought, creativity, and excitement.

I believe you have a responsibility to yourself and your community to vote. I believe that if you fail to cast your ballot you should not speak one word about the state of affairs- and your associated grumblings to go along with it. You have no voice with me if you don't show up at the polls.

I have changed my mind in this election. My decision-making process has been filled with challenges. However, I organized my priorities and then looked to each candidate (presidential and vice presidential, and local) to see who best mirrored what mattered to me most. The decision wasn't as clear as most others I make in my life. Some of my priorities rested with one candidate and others with another. But, I had to make peace with my choice - which considering overall character of each candidate.

I have daily conversations with my partner on our opposing views. It helps us understand each other and reaffirm what is most important to us. The fact we can have these issues on the table- even while sitting at opposite ends- makes me respect our relationship even more.

I look forward to making my voice heard tomorrow. I look forward to seeing you do the same.

Vote. Vote with confidence that you've done your homework and you've chosen the best choice for you and your community.

No comments: