Monday, April 27, 2009

Do Something Unexpected for Someone Today.

In the last week and a half I've been overwhelmed at the kindness, generosity, and love that has poured through my mailbox. My best friend orchestrated a "card shower" for my upcoming wedding. At first I thought it was just circumstance that a few friends were sharing these wonderful memories with me by mail. But on the third receipt I knew there was a planner behind it!

I can't begin to tell you how I felt knowing that people took to time to share so much with me. My best friend went well above and beyond any expectation I could fathom. In fact, I had no expectation. There was no shower planned. She created one! (How did I get so lucky to get her in this life?)

Do something unplanned for someone you care about today. They'll never forget that you did so. And, it may bring more than one tear to their eye, as it did mine.

No comments: