Friday, May 1, 2009

The Company of Friends

This picture is of my Hen Happy Hour last weekend. It was a wonderful time to connect with local friends and take a break from our every day routines.

I don't do that enough. Or maybe I do and I'm looking for an excuse to do more of it. (Insert Smile Here)

This blog is to remind you of the importance of connecting with others- and getting out of the house or office.

Tell me what you accomplished last week that truly enriched your life? If you can't name anything you really need to get out and share an evening with a friend or group of friends. You'll be refreshed and find rejuvenation in them (if they are the right kinds of friends). Keep it upbeat. Limit the doom and gloom talk. Limit the gossip. Tell your own stories and just sit back and laugh. Or, draw each other in a deep discussion that is all consuming (if that is your cup of tea).

People can fuel us. Connections can sustain us. They have to be the right people and the right connections. If you aren't being fueled, you have to ask yourself why not? It may not be the right person or connection. Do yourself a favor and find them. They are waiting for you as much as you are waiting for them.

Get out of the office for lunch today. Get out this weekend for coffee/tea with a dear friend. Or, choose to connect with nature- go for a hike.

PS- I'm walking/running my first marathon this Sunday (the Pittsburgh Marathon). I'm doing the first leg of a relay. Think about me, if you are awake at 6:30 AM -8:30 AM on Sunday. (Another Smile Inserted Here)

No comments: