Monday, April 13, 2009

I Love HOT Sneakers!

I'm not talking about attractive sneakers.

I'm talking about the warmth of my sneaker tread when I'm stretching after an hour of walking and running. As you know I've recently challenged myself to walk/run a relay in the Pittsburgh Marathon. My leg is 7.1 miles or maybe 7.6. Truthfully, I haven't obsessed over the length. I'm most concerned with how much of it I can run versus walk. As of now 75% will be walked with intermittent running. I've never been a runner. But, that is changing.

Its so exciting to challenge myself for a task I've always wanted to to but was never prepared for. Or, I was simply too afraid to try.

I hope you are challenging yourself to do something this year. It could be a difficult emotional task or exploration or it could be something else. Just do it. Know that you are more powerful by just trying.

No comments: