Friday, September 26, 2008

"I'll do that later." The Procrastinator's Theme

This week I was at a corporation delivering a talk on stress reduction. An employee approached me and asked what advice I have for the chronic procrastinator.

If you have trouble "doing something now" and always seem to "put off til tomorrow.... or tomorrow's tomorrow..." here are a few simple suggestions to getting it done.

List those things you are putting off.
List those things you'll do right away (scheduling a spa day, grabbing lunch, hitting the happy hour circuit, etc...)
Assign a pairing of something you put off and something you have no problem doing such as... I will make 5 calls and THEN I can go to lunch.
Or, make it a string of things to do before enjoying a pleasurable item or event ... I will do three things (list them specifically) on my list before I get to schedule my weekend.

Be disciplined. Be on top of all of the things on your list- including those you don't like.

Don't put off til tomorrow those things you've been doing so for a month. Drop it completely or get it done.

No comments: