Friday, May 14, 2010

An Outstanding Example of Leadership... at an IMAX near you

Years ago I read a Harvard Business School article on Ernest Shackleton. I was so inspired by him and his leadership abilities that I kept the article (and I hate clutter so you know that means something). I share it with all of my clients who aspire to be better leaders or embark on running their own business.

As I was discussing the article with a client recently, I recalled the story had made its way to the large screen. Upon doing a little homework I found that it's playing at an IMAX near me, in Pittsburgh. I plan to go as does my client.

If you have not read about Shackleton's adventures I encourage you to do so. A simple Google search will give you all that you need. You may also want to find it playing at an IMAX theater near you. If you want the Harvard Business Review article that I am, simply email me at lspahr@spahrconsulting.com. I'm happy to share it.

If you are in Pittsburgh, you can view it at the Carnegie Science Center through September. http://www.carnegiesciencecenter.org/calendar/omni_details.php?eventID=1201

We are all leaders in some respect, whether we are good ones or not is the question to ponder.

1 comment:

executive coaching said...

I like to visit your blog and read some of your posts.Thank you for sharing this.