Thursday, September 10, 2009

Jump Start Your Creativity

I didn’t think of myself as a creative person until I was in my 30’s. I’m not sure if it was entertaining or networking and business needs that brought it out in me, but nevertheless I now consider myself (as others do) to be pretty creative.

To jump start your creativity or to find it, I encourage you to do the following:

  • Every few minutes ask yourself, “wouldn’t it be cool if….”?

Allow your imagination to take hold and start to dream of the possibilities or the non-possibilities that would be great if they existed!

Another creativity trick is to hone in your observations skills.

  • Start to pay closer attention to other people’s creativity. Identify someone or something that you think is creative. Upon labeling it as creative think about your own ability to do it or something similar. Before you know it you’ll be putting your own spin on a creative work.

Remember, we are what we eat. The same philosophy holds for ‘we are what we surround ourselves with”. If you want to embody something, surround yourself with people who have that attribute. Read about it. Think about it. And, it will be.

It’s that simple. Now, wouldn’t it be cool if…..

No comments: