Friday, December 17, 2010

A Baby's Lesson in Time Management

I have far less time than I ever did before. Yes, it's true that I still have 24 hours in a day just like you and just like I used to. But now, I have the cries and needs of a little one that take priority over all else. Some days it can be maddening, I'll confess. Where did my time for creativity go? My time for careful business planning and marketing? My time for showers that are more than 5 minutes?

But I'll also tell you that I find it wonderfully redeeming too. I have to choose how to spend a quiet 5 minute period and constantly reprioritize. I slimmed down my inbox months before my little bundle came so that I no longer received 200+ a day and now likely receive 50-70. That was a plus. But of those 50 I may only pay attention to or answer 15. So, all nonsense has literally "left the building". I have no time for things that are not wildly interesting, profitable or very pleasing. It's kind of .... wonderful. I'm FORCED to make hard choices that are far easier than they ever were before.

Thanks Bahia.

No comments: