Friday, December 19, 2008

Don't Forget Your Favorite Charities...

Pic: Louie B (a shelter dog) pretending to earn his kibble.

I'm a huge animal lover! I always have been. I remember getting bit on the face as a child by a dog and telling my mom it was my fault for sneaking up on him. I still have the scar from that incident. But, I never once stopped supporting animal related causes. I suppose I'm a die-hard.

Each year at Christmastime, my dear friend Tara and I contribute money in each other's names to animal-centered organizations. I do the same for my mother at Mother's Day and on her birthday.

No matter what cause you feel close to, don't forget about them during times like these. We all seem to be a little more generous around the holidays. This year is slightly less-so due to economic concerns, but it shouldn't mean that our most loved charities have to bear the brunt of it. I'd rather pick up one less "gift" and contribute more in times like this.

Please consider making a donation in your loved ones honor or memory this holiday. It will make a greater difference that you know.

Happiest of holidays,
Lisa

No comments: