Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Being Honest With Yourself.... At Least

Are you satisfied in your relationship? Are you happy with your work? Do you feel good about where you are in life right now?

These are heavy questions. Ones that I ponder often and explore with my clients.

I want to stress the importance of being honest with yourself when answering these questions. You may not want to disclose the answers to those around you but I beg you to be honest with yourself. It is heartbreaking to see someone who can't be truthful with themselves. I understand why they can't. And, I understand how easy it is to cover the truth- especially when the answer will pose greater challenges to you and those near to you. But, please realize that the truth really does set you free.

Take some time this week to ask yourself the tough questions. And, then allow yourself time to ponder the, perhaps, more challenging, answers. They will help you make the most of the days, weeks, months and years ahead.

No comments: