Monday, March 22, 2010

Enjoy the Perfect in Imperfection

As the spring has sprung where I live, I was reminded to embrace every moment of sunshine and every bud about to erupt on a stem. The air feels so welcoming. The scent in the air is so enveloping. It truly is Spring Fever.

No matter what the full day brings you. No matter what stresses exist at work, home or play…. Let the little moments signaling brighter, warmer days soak your psyche for a few minutes.

I enjoyed eating a meal outside in my backyard- even though the dogs would fence fight a stranger or an enemy rival every 20 minutes.

I enjoyed the porch swing even when the air was a tad cooler than I wanted, just to feel my feet being swept out from under me in full control and safety.

I enjoyed looking at the yard, even though it signals the hard work ahead.

And, I dreamt of that first vine ripen tomato- even though its not been planted yet.

Enjoy the moments of beauty that exist, even if they are surrounded by other things that have to be managed, cared for our cautioned. Realize it is beauty inside of those things and you can harness it.

No comments: