Sunday, August 3, 2008

Where is Your Gold Medal?

Will you be watching the 2008 Olympics staring 08/08/2008?

If so, you'll see men and women who are at the peak of their careers going for the gold. They are the best of the best. They've worked many years to get to where they are. The world will be watching them to see if they succeed or miss the mark.

I enjoy the Olympics for that very reason. I love to support others (even if only from my couch in my living room) and cheer them on. I also love the Olympics because of the way it related to my own life. I'm far from being in top physical condition. I've never won physical challenges in my life. However, I have worked ever so hard on things - for years at a time - and had my work culminate in a win or loss in a matter of minutes. I've desperately wanted for things to happen in my life. I've known both success and failure at things that seemed to mean the world to me (at the time).

What would your gold medal be for? What is it that you strive for? What does a win look and feel like for you at this point in your life?

Do you want to have a baby more than anything? Do you want to be more valued at work? Are you struggling to finish a 10-year task?

Make this Olympic period be yours. Decide what gold you are going for. Train for it. Work at it. Develop your cheering section. Make it happen. These sorts of achievements can be once in a lifetime. Go for it!

No comments: