Monday, July 28, 2008

Let Gas Prices Inspire You

Much of my life is spent in the car. I work from home two days a week but the majority of my work week is zooming around town meeting with clients.

The rising price of gas has inspired me in several ways.

It has spurred me into reviewing how I drive. The result is that now I plan my travel more carefully to include all my errands and meetings in one area on the same day.

It has also shaken me to take a better look at my own wastefulness in all other resource areas. The result is that I am trying to decrease my use of natural resources to only those I need when I need them.

Thirdly, it has fostered me in revisiting my price points for my business. The result is that some prices that include travel have gone up. While pricing for telephone coaching and office visits have gone done (a great benefit to cost conscious clients).

How have gas prices affected your business and your life overall?

I hope that rather than just be mad about the state of things you can look inward to what you can do to manage through these times. The results of such an examination may just enlighten you. I believe it has me.

2 comments:

Suspended License said...

Good for you, Lisa. But then again, as expressed by your blog and career choice, you are a thinking person--someone who carefully considers the course of your decisions. Unfortunately, I often get the feeling that it is going to take unaffordable...and I do mean unaffordable, gasoline prices to get people thinking like this. It is going to take a crisis before there is any kind of resolution, in the minds of individuals AND society.

Anonymous said...

Most of the people are using gas not only in houses but also for their cars and some other purposes.By increasing the gas prices will affect these people a lot.They have to use gas in limited way.So that they can save their money and gas for other purposes.
=================================
Jammywatson

How to Retain Your Super Star Managers