Tuesday, October 23, 2012

My Best Parenting Advice



As if you need more... but here goes (from one mama to another):

  • Think about what you talk to your therapist about and try not to do the same to your children
  • Consider what they may talk to their therapist about (in 20 years) and try to minimize it
  • Be your best self IN THAT MOMENT and don't worry about the cumulative value
  • Realize that perfection leads to depression and insanity... don't go there
  • Tell people when you need help and what type of help you need ("I need you to watch the children while I shower" is always popular.)
  • Set the tone (I don't mean your tone, I'm stepping back from that... play music that soothes, have scents that calm and use massaging lotions and creams on yourself and your babes) They'll come around one day.
  • Be honest- with yourself and with them
  • Try to put it into perspective... it certainly could be worse
  • Try to laugh whenever possible
I think that is all I've got for now. I'm off to bed and hoping for a good night's rest (let's not forget to turn on that sleep machine- they have one and so do I)!

- Happy Parenting

No comments: